…and your travel plans in Tanzania
Dear Jambo Kilimanjaro customers
This page is for the information of all customers of Jambo Kilimanjaro as well as travel interested parties and is updated regularly.
The German Federal Government has reintroduced differentiated travel and safety instructions per country from 01.10.2020. These will be based on the assessment of the Robert Koch Institute (RKI). For all countries classified as risk areas there, the travel warning will remain in place. For countries with low infection rates and unrestricted travel opportunities, the travel warning will be lifted and special precautions advised.
We from Jambo Kilimanjaro hope that our travel countries Tanzania and (new in program) Kenya will soon be taken off this risk list, as these countries are open and with good hygiene concepts have been welcoming international guests again for several weeks. We can inform you that several travelers booked with us have visited Tanzania in the past weeks or are currently there. The reports of these guests are consistently positive. 3 couples climbed Kilimanjaro (different trips) and were rewarded with a unique experience, namely to share Kilimanjaro with very few other climbers, one couple reported only 15 people at the summit. Also the safaris were described throughout enthusiastically, because the animals lost their shyness a little bit due to the few tourists and so there were great animal watching and game drives. On the other hand, the national parks are of course also not visited due to the travel warnings that have been issued so far. Also the entry e.g. at the airport Kilimanjaro (JRO) has gone smoothly so far, whereby the queues have been reduced here as well. Our travelers report that they were asked about their state of health and fever was measured. Also the efforts to keep the rules of hygiene as much as possible were praised, no traveler did not feel well or safe during their stay. We can say that all travelers have returned from Tanzania without any incidents. Of course we are very happy about this and hope that this will remain so. Our next travelers will start at the beginning of October.
If anyone would like to receive first hand information, we can pass on a contact of one of our travelers to personally discuss their recent travel experiences.
We can also help with travel insurance, as at the moment there are some insurance companies that have a Covid-19 exclusion and do not cover travel countries in Africa.
We have furthermore compiled some facts here:
1) German tour operator:
By booking your travel services with Jambo Kilimanjaro or any other German tour operator, you are covered by the German travel law. It is very accommodating and offers high security also in many matters concerning the Corona situation.
We will be happy to inform you personally about free cancellation fees or the coverage of travel price down payments. We also offer very accommodating regulations for bookings or the start of a journey until 31.12.2020.
2) Travel advice replaces travel warning Federal Foreign Office:
More detailed information on COVID-19 travel warning: FAQ
Information on COVID-19 in general and distribution worldwide:
3) Current information for the entry into Tanzania
There is no ban on entry or quarantine on/after entry.
The following rules apply (source: Federal Foreign Office, Germany):
“”All travellers whose airline or country of departure requires a negative COVID 19 test result as a condition for departure must also present this test result on entry into Tanzania. Travellers from other countries who show COVID-19 symptoms will be subjected to an extended examination and if necessary a PCR test. A quarantine obligation no longer exists.
International air traffic with Tanzania has been gradually restarting since 1 June 2020.
All persons should observe rules of distance and hygiene and wear face masks.”
This means that the PCR test certificate is no longer required by the Tanzanian side, unless it is already required by the customer’s departure country/airline. Special care should be taken if airlines / countries have their own guidelines and they may still require their customers to present these certificates. It is best to coordinate with the airline in advance, as the request – as mentioned – is no longer from the Tanzanian side. The regulations for re-entry into the respective “home country” must also be observed.
Click here for the original from Tanzania:
According to our information, the so-called “Public Health Passenger Locator Form” (source: IATA.org) must also be completed and handed in upon entry:
4) Information on the COVID-19 test / PCR test
If your target country requires a PCR test, make sure you get one in time. Frankfurt Airport offers CENTOGENE a test centre for PCR test by means of throat swabs.
Information from RKI about the tests:
Here is information from the ADAC about test centres at airports in Germany:
5) Re-entry into Germany -> Tanzania is a risk area
Since Saturday, 08.08.2020 COVID-19 test compulsory!
Disembarkation cards for people entering from a risk area (mandatory) in German:
Here you will find extracts of the most important text passages from the Federal Foreign Office and the Federal Ministry of Health:
” Entry from a risk area -> please see below:
- Are you entering Germany from a risk area? If so, you must present a negative corona test or go home – or to your destination – immediately after arrival and isolate yourself for a fortnight (domestic quarantine). And you must report immediately to your local health authority. The corona test result must not be older than 48 hours. These regulations have been agreed by the Federal Government and the Länder. Here you can find your local public health office.
- You can take the test in many countries before you leave for Germany or you can have the test done after entering Germany. The test in Germany is free of charge for you. There are already test facilities at many airports in Germany. Alternatively, you can call 116 117 to find out where you can take the test near where you live. If you want to be tested by your family doctor, you should definitely call him or her beforehand. If the test is positive, a two-week quarantine is necessary in any case. It is important that you follow the quarantine rules until the test result is available.
- During the quarantine, it is not allowed to leave the house or flat and receive visitors. Remember: This measure is to protect your family, neighbours and all other people in your environment. Violating the quarantine rules can be very expensive!
- You can find out whether you have been in a risk area from the list of the RKI (you can find above). Risk areas include many countries outside Europe.
- If you have any questions about the quarantine regulations, it is best to contact your local health authority directly.
- Since 8 August 2020, tests are mandatory for people entering the country from risk areas”.
Source: Federal Ministry of Health
We at Jambo Kilimanjaro hope that a vaccine against COVID-19 will be found as soon as possible or that the pandemic will be overcome and that we will be able to organize trips again without any uncertainties. All of you should be able to experience a carefree holiday, that is our highest priority!
For all questions please contact us!
Your Jambo Kilimanjaro Team
For travellers from other European countries*:
General information about COVID-19 and COVID-19 tests
– for travellers from France:
– for travellers from Great Britain:
– for travellers from Switzerland:
– for travellers from Austria:
*(without guarantee of completeness. These countries have been selected because travellers from these countries are most likely to travel with Jambo Kilimanjaro)